Wednesday, February 12, 2014

1 1/2 Minutes - Grown-up Version of Nutella Mug Cake


I'm BAAACCKKK! Sorry for being MIA. Between winter snows, school-closings, germ-sharing and birthdays, it was pretty crazy around here. This time, I'm going to share CHOCOLATE dessert that only takes 1 1/2 minutes to make! Yaaayy ... :)

Errr .. well, with preparation time .. maayybeee .... 5 mins TOPS! Promise!

How's that sounds?

All forgiven now? :)

So have you heard about "mug cake" before? I first saw it on a catalog somewhere. It was a complete kit that consist of 2 mugs, chocolate chips, caramels and mixed flour/sugar/cocoa. I didn't give it much of thought. Until ...

A dark, cold winter night...

Kids were all asleep.

Hubs was cursing the falling snow.

I curled up on the couch, desperate for a warm, gooey, chocolaty dessert

10 p.m!! NO WAY!! What to make .. what to make ... need sweets!!

AHA! Mug cake ... So I looked for some recipes, compared them, picked one that sound most appealing to me, added more ingredients according to my taste and we have a winner!!

Start with all purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, egg, nutella, granulated coffee, coffee liqueur



Mixed everything, vigorously. If using a big mug, mix all in the mug. I decided to share my triumph with hubs so I used small ramekins, instead .. 1 for him, 2 for me .. oh yeah!! :)



Then pour the batter into the ramekins .. 3/4 full.



Then .. off to microwave for 1 1/2 minutes ...



... and ... TAAA DAAAAA!!! ..



Dust 'em with powdered sugar... then sit down, relax, turn on a movie and .. dig in! :)



GROWN UP VERSION of NUTELLA MUG CAKE

ingredients:
1 egg
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp coffee liqueur (Baileys or Kahlua)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp all purpose flour
3 tbsp drinking cocoa powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder or granulated coffee
2 tablespoon Nutella
1/4 tsp baking powder


Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug

Whisk until smooth

Microwave on high for 1 1/2 - 3 minutes. Mine is a powerful one .. 1 1/2 minutes are enough.

Dust with powdered sugar or whipped cream.

(Note: if you make this for little munchkins, omit the liqueur substitutes with 1 tbsp of milk)


Hope you like my version of nutella mug cake :)
E N J O Y !









No comments:

Post a Comment